- RSS Channel Showcase 4800334
- RSS Channel Showcase 1147428
- RSS Channel Showcase 6020042
- RSS Channel Showcase 4425401
Articles on this Page
- 05/25/15--11:47: _Lung Health: Secre...
- 06/07/15--07:00: _Keys To Understandi...
- 06/16/15--15:07: _Our Patient-Centere...
- 06/23/15--11:31: _Our Lung Patient-Ce...
- 07/05/15--19:49: _To Vape or Not To Vape
- 07/13/15--16:20: _To Vape or Not To V...
- 07/22/15--13:31: _ORLANDO STYLE MEETS...
- 08/03/15--15:23: _New Study Reveals S...
- 08/11/15--19:18: _Nanoparticles: Hop...
- 08/23/15--18:53: _Six Significant Dif...
- 09/01/15--11:41: _COPD: There’s An A...
- 09/11/15--12:24: _Getting Tougher On ...
- 09/19/15--17:08: _Lung Cancer: Fighti...
- 10/01/15--20:09: _Lung Cancer: Fight...
- 05/25/15--11:47: Lung Health: Secrets In The Air
- 06/07/15--07:00: Keys To Understanding Your COPD Risks
- 06/16/15--15:07: Our Patient-Centered Care Quiz
- 06/23/15--11:31: Our Lung Patient-Centered Care Quiz (Part II)
- 07/05/15--19:49: To Vape or Not To Vape
- 07/13/15--16:20: To Vape or Not To Vape (Part II)
- 07/22/15--13:31: ORLANDO STYLE MEETS FLASS!
- 08/03/15--15:23: New Study Reveals Sad COPD Truths
- 08/11/15--19:18: Nanoparticles: Hope for COPD Victims?
- 08/23/15--18:53: Six Significant Differences between COPD and Asthma
- 09/01/15--11:41: COPD: There’s An AP For That!
- 09/11/15--12:24: Getting Tougher On Smoking
- 09/19/15--17:08: Lung Cancer: Fighting The Fear Factor
- 10/01/15--20:09: Lung Cancer: Fighting the Fear Factor-Part 2
The Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists know that it can be difficult to begin a week with a holiday Monday. However, since Monday is Memorial Day, we feel it is important that we, the FLASS staff and doctors acknowledge and honor the men and women of the U.S. Military at this time. At FLASS, […]
At the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists, we follow new research relating to risk factors about COPD because better understanding of the illness leads to our ability to extend lives. Recently, Sarath Raju, MD, MPH, of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, presented new risk factor research at the 2015 American Thoracic Society […]
“Patient-Centered Care” is a beautiful term cropping up repeatedly in medical journals, papers and blogs. The term indicates an enormous shift in patient care for the 21st century medicine. Today, “Patient-centered care is a quality benchmark actively sought by medical care professionals.” Compassionate physicians, such as those at FLASS deliver care with dignity and involve […]
This is Part II of the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists’ blog coverage concerning patient centered care and medication errors. Here at FLASS in Orlando, we strongly advise our patients to be active partners in their treatment and recovery. Before continuing with this article, we hope you read or review our Part One, in […]
In our two part mini-report on e-cigs, Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists will help you consider if “to vape or not to vape” evokes the same question as “to be or not to be.” The Doctors of Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists, (FLASS) have noticed the popularity of some new, not-so-healthy smoking devices […]
In case you have not explored e-cigarettes, we can summarize their characteristic workings. They look like a plastic cigarette or a long tubular pipe and they include a battery, a heating element, and a cartridge. The cartridge can hold nicotine and many flavors and liquids. As you might imagine, some are rechargeable with refillable cartridges, […]
Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists was featured this summer in the popular magazine, Orlando Style. The article focused on the career of Dr. Fortune Alabi and the philosophy of all the doctors here. You might not realize that Dr. Fortune Alabi is “board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine. He enjoys […]
This blog is not simply an article. It is an alert as the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists reach out to communities concerning COPD. We feel obligated to warn you about the findings of a 2015 study by Health Union. They have presented a new national survey of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients. […]
At Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists, we have said many times that we believe a balance of patient care and research work hand-in-glove to provide hope for those who are victims of lung disease. For this reason, we often enjoy bringing our blog readers articles concerning cutting edge scientific studies. Here in Orlando, we […]
Today the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists bring you a comparison between two airway illnesses that are quite often confused: Asthma and COPD. Let’s use two fictitious patients who seem to have the same symptoms. 8 year old Lauren and 51 year old Chester often endure symptoms that they seem to share: A Chronic […]
FLASS does not mean to be misleading or flippant with this headline. However, it is true that a recent Temple University study utilized a “digital health application” that allowed COPD patients to report their symptoms in time for early treatment. Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists applaud the Temple University School of Medicine, and Gerard […]
The price of cigarettes will go up if The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) has its way. Their recent statement is tough love for smokers, who might live longer if they smoke fewer cigarettes. It is hoped that by making smoking more expensive, smokers will take a financial cue to better […]
You probably remember the television show “Fear Factor,” a dare-devil situation reality show. In the program, people were challenged to overcome their fears and accomplish dangerous activities involving high places, dark places, creepy creatures, and disgusting foods. At the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists, we never saw any of the participants of Fear Factor […]
Last week, the Florida Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists introduced a delicate emotional problem faced by lung cancer patients: Fear. Today’s blog brings you more FLASS commentary and Techniques for Fear-Fighting once you have been given the diagnosis of lung cancer. You might want to read or review our previous article before reading this one, […]